This random wine blog is brought to you by a 2007 Saint-Emilion fancy pantsy French wine. It should have been brought to you by a Sterling Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon that was given to me by clients from last weekend’s wedding, but I drank it already. So, in a roundabout way, this random wine blog is dedicated to my lovely clients from last weekend: Kelly & Brandon and Kelly’s parents Patty and Dave. Can’t wait to see the pictures from the wedding!
On to my random thoughts/musings/opinions
- My husband has purchased the coolest thing ever: an upright player piano complete with a box of old ragtime tunes to play on it. The scrolls even have lyrics printed on them, so every now and then we have an old-fashioned sing-along. Sunday morning started off with “Surrey with the Fringe on Top” from Oklahoma! I think I might be able to convince him to love musicals as we are now starring in one of our own? Stay tuned (pun intended)
- Since this has been on YouTube for a year, which is like 10 years in human time, this literal music video has probably been seen by everyone and their grandma. but I just saw it for the first time and I can’t stop laughing.
- I bought, and wore, a Bump-it! In my hair yesterday. I think I did go “from flat to fabulous in 2 seconds!”. My dentist told me I looked like a princess. I don’t know if he was referring to the 2″ of height on my head or the sparkly headband purchased at Forever 21. He tends to be a bit of a flirt, regardless.
- The other day I picked up from the drycleaners: a black suit and a black corset. If this wedding planning gig goes south I think I could always be a spy. But I better start practicing my Russian.
- I swear that since I’ve paid Pandora the $.99 a month I’m getting more commercials and a shorter play time. What gives, Pandora?
- My little brother, the bass player for Fayetteville, AR bluegrass band Cletus Got Shot was interviewed for THIS article. The comments at the end of the article are so funny to me. I think I’ll plan weddings for a tank of gas and some beer.
- My older brother, who is living on a sailboat somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico, is thankfully still alive and kicking and headed to the keys in Florida (I think)
- I have a sick kitty on my lap right now and it makes me sad. He’s allergic to life and so we’re medicating him to death.
- Toddlers and Tiaras has started a new season, and for this I am morbidly thrilled.